Thursday, February 5, 2009

I HELLA WANNA KICK IT! (Thrusdays)


LADIEeeeeS & GENTLEMENnnnn, (no boys, no girls) Thursday, we begin an epic journey that can truly enrich your weekday nightlife... NVR OVR proudly presents... "I HELLA WANNA KICK IT!" It goes down at er'y ThirstDay at KITTY'S in Emeryville (aka. the "taint" cuz it tain't Oakland and it tain't Berkeley) where I, DJ Willie Maze will be rocking Renaissance Raps, Throwback Thumpers, and Electronic Elements for yall to kick it to...

As for the name, I had a little contest on facebook and decided to go with my own cadence on this one.. but here are some honorable mention jawns:
  • "Gettin Laid(off)"
  • "Thirsty"
  • "NVR UNDR"
  • "STANK" or "RAP MUSK"
  • "ERY THURRSDAY"
Who knows... maybe I'll just keep renaming it until something sticks. "I HELLA WANNA KICK IT" has a nice ring to it and it's in the 4 word(mo'r less) tradition of CRAZY FROM THE HEAT which me and Matthew Africa rock on Saturdays. Big up to my man Dougie for puttin me on!

oh yeah, there's never a cover at KITTY'S!
LETS GO! SEE YOU THURSDAY!

No comments: