Thursday, February 12, 2009

"Valentines Roll" mix by COSMO BAKER of The Rub!

As much as I loathe hallmark holidays, it's good to take a second to recognize "the great motivator". Weather it's love or lust... Bromance or Romance this time round, here's one of the hottest collections of love and lust inspiring songs brought to you by one of the world's foremost DJ's and tastemakers... COSMO BAKER of The Rub! put it on and go for yours! hahaha... Big mahalos to Cosmo for sharing the love and shout to Lil' Sneaky aka La Brown Eyes.

Cosmo Baker- "Valentines Roll" (z-share link)

"Here's a mix that I did for Valentines Day. It's pretty much just songs, no fancy tricks and minimal mixing, but it's 2 and a half hours of some of my favorite love songs. This one is dedicated, as everything else I do is, to my wonderful wife whom I love very much. I'm thankful to have the life I have with her, so this one is for you babe. But I hope you all enjoy it as well... once again, hope y'all make some babies!"
-Cosmo Baker

If you like what you hear, make sure you visit Cosmo's online store! This man's got a million of the dopest mixes including his latest, "Genius: The Sound of Raphael Saadiq" (Oakland standup!). Thanks again Cosmo!

Tracklist:
The Friends Of Distinction "Circles"
Aretha Franklin "Call Me"
Donny Hathaway "I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know"
Rick James "Fire & Desire" feat. Teena Marie
Curtis Mayfield "Sweet Exorcist"
James Brown "That's My Desire"
Otis Redding "That's How Strong My Love Is"
Sam Cooke "Bring It On Home To Me"
Irma Thomas "Ruler Of My Heart"
Al Green "Simply Beautiful"
The Isley Brothers "Voyage To Atlantis"
George Harrison "I'll Take You Anytime"
Stevie Wonder "I Believe (When I Fall In Love)"
Patrice Rushen "Settle For My Love"
Prince "Adore"
Quincy Jones "The Secret Garden (Sweet Seduction Suite)"
Rene & Angela "Your Smile" (12" Version)
The Isley Brothers "Fire And Rain"
The Smith Connection "Rainy Days And Mondays"
Darondo "Listen To My Song"
The Beach Boys "Forever"
Rita Wright "I Can't Give Back The Love I Feel For You"
Black Ivory "Got To Be There"
Brenda Russell "So Good, So Right"
Bonie Pointer "More And More"
David Bowie "Can You Hear Me"
Earth, Wind And Fire "Can't Hide Love"
The Rolling Stones "Let It Loose"
East Of Underground "I Love You For All Seasons"
Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell "If This World Were Mine"
The Delfonics "Walk Right Up To The Sun"
New Birth "You Are What I'm All About"
Steely Dan "Any Major Dude"
Bill Withers "Can We Pretend"

No comments: