Friday, May 7, 2010

Dj Willie Maze - Sister Music (Music Er'Body Sister Like) cir. 2001


What up Fam... in 2001(pre-Serato) I recorded this mixtape (really a tape!) in honor of my sister Adeline, using records I figured she'd dig (thanks for  put'n me up on Tribe when we were kids!).  It's a trip looking back at old mixes... I can hear how fun this was to make.  It's got an ORIGINAL Goapele track we recorded in Dj Fuze/Namane's basement closet that was also my first time behind the boards mixing her vocals, also what we usta call "remixes" mixed live that are now 'mashups' or 'blends,' and a grip of dynamite soul and rappity rap that has stood the test of time. Yowza!

All told, it was a good project that never saw a whole lot of daylight. If you like it, please share it and spread love. Thanks!

 -Willie Maze

WillieMaze - "Sister Music" mix

Download it here.
Tracklist:
Erykah Badu - Bag Lady
Angie Stone - Keep Your feat. Guru (R.I.P.)
Pharoah Monch - The Light
Jill Scott - Love Rain (WilieMaze Re-Work)
N'dea Davenport - Sweet Misery
Talib Kweli - I'm On My Way
Musiq - Sunny (Just Friends)
Outkast - Ms. Jackson
Dj Quik - Well
Whitney Houston - Fine
De La Soul - All Good? feat. Chaka Kahn
Angie Stone Everyday (WillieMaze Remix)
Common - Funky For You
Raekwon - Ghetto
Goapele - Low Down (WillieMaze Exclusive)
Lenny Kravitz - I Belong To You
Zion I - Venus
Toshi Kubota - Nothing But Your Love
Wycleff Jean feat. Mary J. Blige - 911
Bilal - Soul Sister

ps. Wish I still had the tape jacket! If you got one, please holler.

also: GOAPELE has a show coming up in Oakland May 13tha & 14th @ The New Parish!  Don't miss it! Get tix here!

No comments: